Greenfield Animal Hospital COVID-19 Protocol
The coronavirus (COVID-19) is creating challenges for all of us, both personally and professionally. First and foremost, we hope that you, your family and your pet(s) are remaining safe and healthy. We are writing to keep you informed of our recommendations, as well as the steps we are taking to continue offering the care your pets need while providing you and our staff a safe environment.
Currently, Greenfield Animal Hospital is remaining open and operating at normal business hours. In the interest of protecting you and our staff, the following protocol has been instituted:
- We are asking any of our staff who feel ill to stay home and seek medical attention. We ask the same of you. If a pet requires an urgent appointment, please let us know if you or a family member are exhibiting symptoms of COVID-19 so we can take extra precautions based on the Connecticut Department of Public Health directives.
- Greenfield Animal Hospital will be only seeing pets that are having an emergency, that are sick/injured, and/or that require care for ongoing chronic disease management. Wellness visits will be limited to those requiring time sensitive vaccines and/or puppies and kittens. We can help you determine if a visit is required or can wait until ideally after April 22nd. Surgeries and dental procedures will be booked based on the attending veterinarian’s recommendation. Please call if there are any questions and to help schedule your appointments at 203-254-0700.
- All clients are asked to please call from their car when they arrive in our parking lot. One of our veterinary technicians will obtain your pet’s history over the phone. Then a team member will come to your car to get your pet and bring your pet into our building while you remain in your vehicle. We kindly ask that you get your pet out of the car with their leash or carrier. We are asking to maintain a safe distance where possible.
- The doctor will examine your pet and perform any approved and needed vaccinations, diagnostics and dispense medications. The doctor will call you with their findings and to discuss any further recommendations. Please keep your phone on and ready. The technician will then bring your pet back to you with any needed medications. One of our client service representatives will call you for payment.
- If you need medication, food or any Heartworm/Flea & Tick preventative please call our office so we can arrange the best way to get these to you. Payments can be made over the phone and products can be brought to your car when you get to the parking lot or left on our porch with your name on the bag.
For additional information regarding COVID-19, please click here:
Please feel free to call or email our office for your pet’s needs during this time. Thank you very much for your support, understanding and help with this effort.